So a box arrived this morning with a shed load of nylon masters. The most important one to me is the Laffly AMD 80 AM, the first piece of CAD design I created when I discovered 3D printing.
The design was started over 3 months ago, but teething problems cursed
it. As the first design it was over detailed and difficult to
troubleshoot even before I started looking for someone capable of
The wheels where often used as the test piece to see what level of detail could be printed, as such they have been vastly simplified from the earlier versions. There are two 'front wheel' on this sprue, both of which have one third cut away to slot on the front axle. The others are for the rear axle, with a spare wheel for stowage.
The main hull is currently hollow, which will be filled before casting to avoid damage.
front axle has to support the mudguards, so the wheel are cut away. the
rear mudguard have an interior that hugs the tyres for a sturdier model.
Turret front and back with locating lugs for the HMG/MMG
As I am currently experiencing difficulty casting the howitzers, this could prove a challenge. Moulding begins this weekend, so hopefully three weeks until I start a production run.